Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sad and Happy!

Can you be sad and happy at the same time? Can you be uplifting and depressed at the same time? Is it possible to carry a positive and a negative attitude at the very same time. I am not sure if there have been studies in this area; I am almost sure there have been. Regardless, ask yourself what were you feeling today?
On the way to work?
At work?
At home?
With your coworkers?
Were you sad? Excited? Happy? Depressed? Anxious?
Now think about those thoughts and ask

 if you could feel the exact opposite at the same time.
My life at times feels like I am a rag doll getting pushed and pulled all day back and forth back and forth. And then there is lunch.
I felt two completely opposite emotions today.
There were some very heavy emotions I was carrying all day and into the evening. Not good ones either. I am not here to say, ‘woe is me.’ That is not my point.
Later on in the evening I felt an excitement, a hope, a dream, a chance for greatness!!
Two different emotions huh? Two different times too.
I am glad I felt the latter as I am about to retire for the evening.

I have some exciting news. If you are down and out or if you are a little depressed, maybe even alone.
You can change that.
I once heard if you are feeling frustrated, you are probably putting too much focus on yourself and it might be a good sign to uplift someone that feels the same way.
When I am down I try to send out a message to someone to uplift them. I put my thoughts on someone else.
My thoughts were nearly a rollercoaster today without having to wait in line; they came in a rush.
I feel a whole lot better now.
What are you feeling right now? How do you feel about work? How do you feel about your family?
If you are up; spread that joy. If you are down; share a smile and uplift someone close to you. You will be amazed how good you feel doing that.
Earl Nightingale said in “The Strangest Secret” you become what you think about most of the time. He said this the early 1930s; he said you cannot occupy your mind with two completely different thoughts.
Napoleon Hill said, “Keep your mind on the things you want and off the things you don’t.”
Those are only a couple thoughts that come to my mind on this topic. Thoughts are powerful things, what you think will control your success and your significance in the next 10-20 years.
Control your thoughts. Control your feelings. Control your feelings and you can manifest your destiny.
God bless, Nicholas Nighbor

1 comment: