Monday, November 8, 2010

Settling

It's too bad most people are numb to their own lives. I don't blame people for how they feel. I mean really; how many people do you know that are living the life of their dreams. I am willing to bet you might only know one or two, and if you know more than that chances are great you are chasing your own dreams. Must see TV. Lawnwork. Paying the bills. When is the last time you got really excited for a recent accomplishment of your own? Perhaps it was today, perhaps, it's been years. I meet a lot of people who have settled for their lot in life. Here's a test. Ask five people you meet tomorrow how their week is going. I don't need to tell you how they will respond. I think you might already know. Now... ask yourself the same question and how do you respond? It is not easy to step out from the crowd, but I make a specific effort with whom I choose to associate. Desired results do not come overnight, but a little choice today over time can move mountains. I was thinking to myself today the influences I have in my life. There were some decisions I made a few years ago, and a small spur of a result happened today. It is pretty phenomenal actually. I once heard if you think about something long enough and ponder on it enough, it will start to come to fruition. It doesn't have to be a car, a house, or even lifestyle. What do you want? What is it you really want out of life? If you know the answer to that question, then what are you doing today to have that come true. Life is precious, do not settle.

1 comment:

  1. I thank you for spelling that out so clearly. It seems so many people are looking over their shoulder to someone else and seeking approval. As you may know "overnight successes" usually are ten to twenty years in the making. It would be awesome if more people expanded their comfort zone and took on some challenges. It will mean the future of our country. I encourage all to expand that comfort zone, try something different. Even if you fell a little dorky at first, you will feel great later.

    ReplyDelete