Friday, July 5, 2013

There's a difference!

There are three frogs on a lily pad, two decided to jump off, how many frogs are left? 


The answer is three, two decided but none of them actually jumped.

Have you ever said; "Enough is enough, I have to change _____ in my life!"

I certainly have. But it takes more than just saying it doesn't it?

I listened to an audio once that talked about making a decision and managing a decision.

Have you ever made a decision to start working out or start tracking you finances? 

How long did it last? 

For some of you; you are still sticking to it. For the majority of the others; it only lasted a couple days.

What's the difference? 

The difference is not only is making the decision, but also managing the decision daily. 

Now that I brought up finances I will touch on that topic real briefly. For the last month or so I have been preparing myself to really buckle down on my finances. 

I am not behind in my bills. I don't have a horrible credit score. And I am able to give extra money to the causes that are important to me. 

But... my finances could be better. 

So this is what I did. I thought about it mentally for a few weeks to really organize how I want to change how I handle my finances. Crash diets never work, nor does it make any sense to go all out in the gym if you have not been there in ten years. But if you can make a gradual shift and change some habits over time you can have make significant progress(if you stick with it). 

Just recently I set a financial goal and now that I have that in place it is much easier manage the decision and not falter away from it so easily. This I know because at other times I decided and then I let instant gratification take over.

So, what are some areas you want to change. We are halfway through the year, it wouldn't hurt to reset that goal that you might have fallen away from in January. 
Next, with the one thing you want to work on; how can you manage that decision daily so you don't fall into your old habits? When all else fails, have a close friend hold you accountable- or even your children. Trust me, they don't forget to remind you when you commit to your kids. And you don't want to let them down right? :)

Well, thanks for stopping by and reading. Share your thoughts below, what area or areas are you trying to improve in? If you find value, feel free to share with your friends. 

God bless, 
Nicholas Nighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment